Our client company is seeking a Senior Engineer (Emerging Technologies/Studies) to join their Planning, System Studies, and Distribution Automation Engineering team to perform related engineering tasks with a high level of diversified technical expertise and leadership to solve design problems under minimal supervision. In this role you will apply sound and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Preferred areas of competence / experience include (not limited to): Power Quality, Arc Flash, Distributed Generation, Battery Energy Storage, and Micro-grid studies/analysis/implementation. You are expected to be a leader, manage some-to-all stages of project/study/design, perform a variety of routine and complex tasks to solve power utility design problems, effectively communicate within the design and project management team, and provide technical guidance on unusual or complex problems to comply with applicable industry standards (such as IEEE, NESC, NEC, NFPA). The primary objectives of this position are to plan, organize, and execute assigned engineering studies. In this position, you will at times be expected to carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. This position reports to the Division Vice President. This position does not have direct reports; however, may develop into a managing role over time.
Position requirements include:
• Senior Engineer works under minimal supervision and is expected to accurately produce required results without specific direction in a timely fashion. At this level, the Sr. Engineer shall be proficient in basic and more complex design scope and scheduling, understand electric utility planning/reliability criteria, be an active mentor to young designers/engineers within the department, and be able to effectively communicate inadequacies in information provided by others and offer recommendations to comply with applicable design and safety requirements/codes.
• Must have working knowledge of electric utility systems: 480 VAC through 230,000 VAC, VDC experience preferred, as well.
• Be an active leader in the modeling and evaluation of Client power utility and various Distributed Generation systems to ensure the needs of the Client are met in the most economical and effective manner. Sr. Engineer is also expected to conduct accurate and efficient design reviews of work completed by peers in support of company commitment to quality.
• Prepare thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches. Must be able to make decisions leading to successful management of assigned tasks. Assist in preparation of project proposals and engineering estimates.
• Provide project coordination and manage the day-to-day deliverables, scope development, scope adherence, and Client management, including schedule and budget, with minimal supervision. Assign work to administrators, draftsmen, technicians, and designers with approval of appropriate section heads, and review results.
• Clearly communicate verbally and correspond with fellow employees, clients, vendors and regulatory agencies during all stages of project development through project completion. Conduct various project meetings per Client and Company policy and/or need. Interface and work with clients as required for project definition and completion. Coordinate and/or research material requirements with product vendors.
• Assist in the continued development of both Company and Client standards to provide guidelines for future project planning and design.
• Usher final signed-sealed approval and certification of project deliverables with minimal supervision.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) with a minimum ten (10) years of applicable experience required, including proven design and/or analysis proficiency and project management skills.