Join an employee owned engineering and architecture firm that provides unique solutions to clients in local, state, and federal government, private companies, and institutions. In this role you will be responsible for all elements of the design for complex and challenging land development and infrastructure projects in the built and natural environment. This may include storm water management, site development, environmental permitting, waste water lines, water lines, and pump station design. Provide mentoring of design staff, including engineers and designers and provide team leadership, coordinating with other disciplines, client contact, and client satisfaction.
Thinking both creatively and logically to develop complex design and development solutions is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Registered Professional Engineer in Virginia or reciprocity within 3 months
- Some travel required
- 10 – 15 years of experience in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of and ability to successfully use AutoCAD Civil 3D required , MicroStation and InRoads software experience preferred
- Experience with Federal, state and local government regulations related to civil design
- Ability to work in a team environment on multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with DC, Maryland and Virginia storm water regulations is desirable
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is required