Our client company is an industry leading engineering consulting firm that offers career growth, education and teamwork while consistently integrating new technologies and solutions. In this role you will lead a small team of engineers and CAD designers (approx. 5 team members) in General/Physical Layout as well as Protection & Control packages of substation design projects. You will be the sealing engineer for the majority of work produced by the team and will also act to manage customer relations and well as business development with select clients.
Position requirements include:
• Supervise and schedule work of engineers, designers, CAD operators on candidate’s assigned team.
• Capability to be Customer’s Point of Contact to manage existing projects and customer satisfaction, as well as future business and upcoming project plans
• Proficient in multiple areas of substation engineering such as physical layout design, protection/control design, relay settings programming, field support, substation commissioning, relay testing
• Performs and directs project design. This includes tasks such as performing engineering calculations; using computer design software and referencing appropriate engineering procedures and design manuals.
• Performs and/or directs the preparation of complex project documents including specifications and bid documents.
• Performs and directs complex drawing reviews such as checking and marking up full plan sets to ensure the plans are a clear, concise, and thorough graphical representation of the intent of the design.
• Supervises work and assists in training of division Project Engineers I and II.
• Performs basic functions of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Must interface well with employees at all levels.
• Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
•B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering required.
•Four to nine years of applicable experience required.
•Licensed Professional Engineer.