Our client company is an industry leading engineering consulting firm that offers career growth, education and teamwork while consistently integrating new technologies and solutions. As a Project Engineer III you will perform a variety of routine tasks, which provide experience and familiarity with engineering staff, methods, practices and programs. In this role you will work under limited supervision and is expected to have a reasonable level of independence with required engineering tasks.
Position requirements include:
• Performs development of plans, specifications and inspection reports.
• Preparation of material lists and labor contracts.
• Preparation of substation designs and construction drawings.
• Basic administration of material purchases and construction contracts.
• Provide direction to designers, CAD operators on candidate’s assigned team.
• Significant customer and vendor interaction.
• Moderate proficiency in multiple areas of substation engineering such as physical layout design, protection/control design, relay settings programming, field support, substation commissioning, relay testing
• Supervises work and assists in training of other engineers.
• Performs advanced functions of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Must interface well with employees at all levels.
• Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering required and five to twelve years of applicable experience required.
Professional Engineering (PE) certification is not required but is preferred.