Our client company is a leading distributor of retail products and they are seeking a Human Resources Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office within a distribution center. In this role you will manage the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs and lead the practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment of a superior workforce. The Human Resource Manager will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all or part of these areas:
- Recruiting and staffing logistics;
- Organizational and space planning;
- Performance management and improvement systems;
- Organization development;
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting;
- Employee orientation, development, and training;
- Policy development and documentation;
- Employee relations;
- Company-wide committee facilitation;
- Company employee communication;
- Compensation and benefits administration;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health; and
- Employee services and counseling
- Safety of the workforce.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of the Human Resources department.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing development.
- A minimum of two years’ previous human resources leadership experience in a distribution or warehouse setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources preferred.
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.