Our client company is an industry leading consulting engineering firm that offers career growth, education and teamwork while consistently integrating new technologies and solutions. They are seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer with 5+ years of civil and structural experience preferably related to Electrical Substation Foundation, Oil Containment and Steel Design. This role requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion in handling specific details and activities with an expectation that you will work both independently and within a team environment with minimum supervision.
• Geotechnical and structural analysis and design calculations related to transmission pole foundations including direct embedment, vibratory, and drilled pier foundations.
• Geotechnical and structural analysis and calculations related to electrical substation structures and equipment foundations.
• Geotechnical and environmental analysis and design calculations related to electrical substation oil-containments.
• Structural analysis and design calculations related to substation bus-work and steel framework.
• Assist in the design and development of site grading and erosion and sediment control plans, details, and specifications.
• Design support through preparation of draft reports, calculations, details, plans and specifications.
• Preparation of scheduling, planning, designing, permitting and construction documents.
• Ensure that work meets all safety and quality standards, codes and specifications including set schedules and deadlines.
• Recognize, analyze & resolve problems and issues at the earliest phase possible.
• Provide timely and accurate information on progress, reviews, observations, solutions and/or any other project related information in an understandable format.
• Track budgets and project financials for accuracy; invoice clients appropriately.
• Conduct field observations and preparation of applicable field reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year program.
• 5+ years of relevant experience with prior professional work in a related field is desirable.
• Professional Engineer (PE) License in the state of North Carolina preferred.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
• Excellent project management skills and ability to meet deliverables on time and on budget. Experience with Microsoft Project software is preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with multiple priorities and schedules throughout the project life-cycle.
• Experience interacting with technical and non-technical persons in a client-consultant setting.
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD experience (Civil 3D experience is a plus).
• Ability and willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time.
• Physically able to negotiate construction sites and work outside.
Additional Requirements: Must be able to pass company drug screen, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving policy.